Warm-up for about 2-5 minutes. I prefer jumping jacks, which require a similar overhead shoulder movement as swimming. Set your clock for Just 20 Minutes Then move on to:
- 20 Squat Jumps , Give yourself bonus points if you keep your arms extended over your head “streamline” style while you’re doing these.
- 10 Lunge Jumps per side to get the heart rate up even more.
- 10 Dive Bomber pushups (AKA Hindu pushups)
- 20 Regular Squats. Once again, bonus points if you keep your arms extended over your head “streamline” style while you’re doing these.
- 10 Lunge With Twists per side, which work the same twisting core muscles you use while swimming. No weight required.
- 20 Supermans.
- 20 Flutterkicks per side.Complete this entire routine one to three times through. If you do all the exercises listed, you’ll effectively hit all your swimming physiology and major swimming muscles, including your deltoids, triceps, lats, abdominals, low back, glutes, quads, hip flexors, hamstrings and calves.
Happy J20 Poolside