- Tap water can be municipally controlled or well water while bottled water can be tap water, spring water and it can be bottled in glass or plastic.
- Although tap water is generally cleaner and better than generally believed, it certainly makes perfect sense to use an in-home filter to further improve the quality of your personal drinking water.
- Nearly 40 percent of bottled water is tap water put into clean but not sterilized bottles. Bottled water frequently is not chlorinated, allowing bacterial and fungal growth within the bottle.
The main question you might be asking yourself about water at this point is “what is the best source water to drink?” Generally speaking most people think this comes down to a consideration of tap water versus bottled water. But it’s a little more complex than that due to the fact that tap water can be municipally controlled or well water. And that bottled water can be tap water, spring water and it can be bottled in glass or plastic. With so much written about water out on the internet, and only part of it true, it can get confusing. Let us try to make it easier for you.
There are many claims regarding city tap water not being safe even though it is regulated by the Safe Drinking Water Act and the fact that city tap water is filtered and treated to eliminate harmful microorganisms. If you are really concerned about your tap water then have it analyzed. You can find sources for this easily on the Internet.
Below you can see just a short list of the problematic chemicals that might be found in your tap water:
- Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs)
- Pesticide Runoff
Although tap water is generally cleaner and better than generally believed, it certainly makes perfect sense to use an in-home filter to further improve the quality of your personal drinking water. There are a variety of different water filters available for use including:
- Charcoal or Carbon Water Filters
- Sediment Filters
- KDF Filter Media
- Water Distillers
- Ceramic Water Filters
- Reverse Osmosis
- Atmospheric Water Generator
- Ultraviolet Water Filters
- Magnetic Water Filters
- Infra Red Water Filters
- Catalytic Water Filters
In reality a simple, inexpensive commercially available carbon water filter is probably the best choice for most people. We personally use similar simple, inexpensive filtration devices on our facets and refrigerators water dispensing units.